Joconde with Chocolate Buttercream
Joconde nut mix with a wonderfully light chocolate buttercream for these decadent layered slices.
- 3 Pidy Joconde Sheets (cocoa flavour)
- 125g sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 250g unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons (room temperature)
- 100g extra-bittersweet chocolate
- Pour the sugar into a medium heatproof bowl and whisk in the egg whites and salt
- Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk gently until the sugar is completely dissolved
- Transfer the warm egg-white mixture to the bowl, add the vanilla and beat until stiff and glossy
- Beat in the butter a few pieces at a time. The buttercream should be light and fluffy; if it appears runny at any time, transfer the bowl to the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes and then remove it to mix again
- Beat in the melted chocolate
- Spread the cream on the Joconde sheet, layer by layer
- Cut out the desired shape, decorate with caramel or chocolate and serve.
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.
Want to discover more about the Pidy range?
Download our brochure for our full product ranges, product information and recipes.our catalogue