Trendy Tartlet with Figs and Pistachio Cream
Delicious pistachio cream and sweet fig marmalade finished with fresh fig and mint.
6 Pidy Trendy Rectangle shells
Fresh figs (sliced)
Crumbled pistachio nuts
Edible glue (or a suitable alternative)
1.7 oz pistachio paste
2.3 oz cream
3.4 oz sugar
1.4 oz white chocolate
0.07 oz gelatin
2.3 oz + 4.2 oz mascarpone
Juice of 1/2 lime
- Boil the sugar and cream in a pan.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture on the eggs while stirring.
- When the egg is fully incorporated pour the mixture back into the pan.
- Heat until the mixture reaches 185 °F whilst stirring frequently.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the gelatin, lime juice, chocolate, pistachio paste and 2.3 oz of the mascarpone.
- Stir well and then pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Leave to cool down to around 85 °F.
- Add the remaining 4.2 oz of mascarpone slowly whilst mixing with a hand mixer or beater until smooth.
- Put the finished pistachio cream into the fridge to stiffen.
To create the fig and pistachio trendy:
- Brush the edge of the Trendy shell with edible glue and decorate with the crumbled pistachio nuts.
- Pipe a layer of pistachio cream into the Trendy shell.
- Fill the remaining shell with fig marmalade.
- Place slices of fresh fig on top and finish by piping dots of pistachio cream.
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.
Want to discover more about the Pidy range?
Download our brochure for our full product ranges, product information and recipes.our catalogue